The customer is a pharmaceutical company delivering its products by air.
- Use a standard size Gaylord to protect the pallets
- The boxes are standard in dimension (customers need to cut them to adjust the height)
- Each adjustment takes time and yields an inconsistent result.
- Improve the protection of the products
- Reduce the number of SKUS in inventory for each size of pallets
- Improve the ease of adjusting the height of the pallet shields
- The employees are cutting the corners of the shield and cut out the unnecessary sections: time consuming and high risk of injuries ( Using an exacto knife)
- The unnecessary sections were thrown out while they could have been used to protect the pallets.
- We developed a shield built with the cardboard flutes running horizontally instead of the standard vertical flutes in order to ease the folding of the unnecessary panels .
- Adds protective thickness to the bottom of the pallets
- Eliminated the need to cut with pre scored folds. The result is square and professional.
- 1 SKU adjustable to each pallet heights
- Less cutting
- Better pallet protection
- Reduction of the packaging time